AEC has significant experience in the design of Entertainment, Leisure and Retail buildings, often as part of large multi-use developments incorporating, for example, Cinema, Bowling, Casino’s, Bars, Restaurants, shops and residential. Our clients on these schemes include Developers, future tenants such as Odeon, Architects and Contractors.
These developments can often be complex acoustically with significant input required to ensure that that the acoustic design specifications of all tenants are achieved in addition to any planning requirements set by the local Authority.
It is important to commission the services of an acoustic consultant at the early stages of the design as often noisy developments, such as bowling or cinemas, will be located directly adjacent to hotels or residential meaning significant separating structures are required to ensure that appropriate levels of acoustic separation are achieved.
Furthermore, night-clubs, cinemas bars and other entertainment venues must be designed to control the potential break-out of significant noise levels.
- Oldham Town Hall – Large refurbishment of listed building into multi-screen cinema.
- Marine Point New Brighton – Leisure development incorporating multi-screen cinema, Casino, Supermarket, Bars, Restaurants and Hotel.
- Merrywalks, Stroud – Design of new build multi-leisure development with multi-screen cinema, bowling alley and retail
- Ashton Moss Leisure Development, Ashton-under-Lyne; Altrincham; Stroud;
- Stirling – Cinema and leisure units close to roads and railways.
- Northern Light, Leeds – Conversion of a warehouse to a music venue;
- Black Dog, Manchester – Bowling, Bar and Nightclub Developments;
- Oriel Mostyn Gallery, Llandudno – Design of extension to an existing art gallery;
- Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool – Design of new build photographic gallery;