AEC has provided acoustic assessments for numerous sports developments, including leisure centres, five-a-side football pitches, multi use games areas, football training grounds and new stadia.
Due to external playing areas frequently being associated with these developments, agreeing appropriate criteria with local authorities can often be difficult process. However AEC has successfully agreed appropriate criteria with local authorities on numerous occasions.
A selection of relevant projects which AEC has worked on include:
- Belvue Speedway Stadium – New speedway stadium with sports hall and stand incorporating ancillary spaces;
- Ellesmere Port Sports and Leisure Village – Leisure centre with gym, large sports hall to be used for league basketball matches, swimming pool and café;
- FC United – Planning assessment for a new stadium with associated community pitches;
- Northwich Memorial Court – Community centre with swimming pool, café, gym, aerobics room, theatre, and bar;
- Fleetwood Town FC – Planning assessment relating to new training complex with 9 community pitches;
- Flitwick Leisure Centre – incorporating a swimming pool, sports hall, dance studio, gym and MUGA;
- Manor Foundation School / Pulse Soccer Centre, Walsall – Football teaching / training facility with various pitches and ancillary areas.