Good acoustic design is essential to provide conditions appropriate for a buildings intended use. AEC has significant experience in the acoustic design of all types of buildings. Please refer to our sectors section for building types and project examples.
We can provide design advice during all project stages including: inception, planning, initial design, detailed design, tender stage, value engineering, construction and pre-completion testing.
Design elements that typically require our specialist services include:
- Noise Break-in;
- Noise Break-out (potentially affecting nearby sensitive receivers);
- Vibration (from external sources and mechanical services);
- Internal Sound insulation (including to adjoining buildings);
- Internal Finishes (for appropriate reverberation times);
- Mechanical Services (including internal and external noise and vibration);